Thursday, March 3, 2011

This being my first post is exciting and so I will just jump right in as if I have been doing this all along:

I freaked out today, well not officially today... it has been a slow progression all week but today I finally flipped hard core, abandoning all the things that I have learned, that God has taught me, and went running for the shelter of anger and fear.  Luckily, God has the ability to talk bluntly to me through my husband and though it is extremely hard to hear (especially from him) through the wax build up of pride that gathers in my ears, I actually listened this time and was able to recognize what I was doing and snap out of my despair.  I was/am actually pretty excited about this development.  To me, it shows that walls are being brought down and logical, loving sense is able to actually penetrate my heart.  I pray that one day I will find fear is not actually a shelter but a coffin and that not have the knee jerk reaction of running to IT but to God instead.  Yes...to God instead, He is my strength and true shelter.

5 comments:

  1. Joy,
    my dear, dear sweet friend. I have been praying for you and you have been on my heart and mind for a few weeks. I miss you and am glad to see God pulling oh so tight as you grow in Him. Remember what you told me before my surgery, "God is strong enough for you both. Let Him be strong."
    I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm excited! I love reading your words as they have a way of warming my heart. You are such an amazing woman! You are an inspiration to many. You have the heart that wants to hold the world and a smile that will light it up. I have the privilege to call you my best friend. I can't even begin to tell you how proud of you I am, for so many things, but mostly for your walk with God. I know it hasn't been easy road for you but you aren't stopping...you press forward even harder. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard in a sermon on parenting something that was so revealing, even though I've read it in God's word and heard it a million times before...No one can say it better than our Father: 1 John 4:18-There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my hero, Joy McGee. I am so proud of you, my friend. I love you! You are an example granted by God to help others in their walk with the Lord. I am privileged to be witness and learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete