Monday, March 21, 2011

It may sound cheesy but it's true!

I sat there, waiting.  The cold air filled my lungs and escaped with a puff of visible mist.  The sky was gray, no sun in sight and a feeling of sadness weighed heavy in the atmosphere.  Though I felt confident, there was still this confusion.  I couldn't remember how I got there or how to leave.  "How did this happen?"   I looked around for familiar faces but they all seemed shaded.   Nothing seemed too threatening though and if I wasn't being threatened, I suppose I shouldn't be on guard?  I began to feel safe in this cold foreign land so I decided to stay there, right were I stood, instead of getting out like I knew I should.  Frozen but without consciousness of it, He stepped up to me.  A glare covered His face, unlike the darkness that covered the others. He was different but familiar at the same time.  His voice sent warmth and chills at the same time.  "Why are you still here?" He asked.  "I just felt like staying awhile.  I just got so tired."  "Why didn't you ask me for help?"  another question came.  "I started to like it.  No one bothers me here.  No one asks anything of me.  No one even cares that I am standing out here in the cold.  It feels safer to me."  "You took your eyes off of me and now you are stuck.  Will you let me help you find your way back home?"  He asked.  "But I've been here for so long it seems, I'm scared I will lose my way or my enemy will attack."  I answered.  Holding out His hand, he silently promised protection, all I had to do now was take it.  As soon as I did an amazing energy surged through my body, my pale skin now had a pink hugh, and without even moving one step the world around me changed.  No more sadness, no more gray clouds, it was beautiful.  Everything seemed so much clearer now.  "One more thing," He said, "There," He pointed His finger, "There is your enemy.  Now you know exactly what he looks like and should he attack, call on Me and I will defeat him for you.  All you have to do is recognize him when he comes and I will take care of the rest!"

And the Lord has done just that.  Last week was amazing.  It was the first time in a long, long time that I had consecutive days of peace.  Don't get me wrong, the enemy tried to launch fear at me any chance he could but WOW, it is so much easier to rebuke him when you recognize what he is trying to use to destroy you with and when you know you can not defeat him without the power of Christ.  Thank you Lord for this knowledge and the ability to recognize my enemy.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Joy. I pray God continues this amazing path with you long after Lent is over. I love you!

    ReplyDelete