Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Dark and Stormy Night

I have thought about it and tried in every way possible to spin this into God teaching me a lesson some how but let's be honest, it's just not happening, why? simply because it is laughable and He probably got a good laugh too.  So here is my spin on Tuesday night's event.

It was a dark and stormy night at the McGee's
With nothing on the tube, if you please
So to pass the time with a little fun
Mr and Mrs starting picking, and tickling, and relenting none
Rings came off, and the boxing began
A One, two punch in Mr. McGee's hand
He blocked her playful blows with the reflex of a cat
But Mrs. McGee had a trick in her hat
She distracted him with her flailing moves
Then came up with a kick to his buttocks grove
She thought she had him until the loud "POP"!
And on one leg she began to hop
"MY TOE, MY TOE" she yelled in pain
Mr. McGee thought she was playing a game
But upon further investigation, he saw she was hurt
And bigger the toe grew, like a sausage about to burst
The ice and advil he did grab
To aid the Mrs and hide his laugh
"Fractured in three places" said the doc the next day
"No more kicking your husband, OK?"
"No more running, biking, or step class for awhile"
"No 5 inch heels, but an ugly boot for style."
Cry I did, and stupid I felt
Into a puddle, I began to melt
But alas, hope rose and laughter came
With jokes of how I had become lame
"I broke my foot off in your tale"
"I hobble like Quasi while getting the mail"
Lila made fun by stomping like a sumo
Who wouldn't laugh at that, do you know?
So laugh, we all have, it is pretty funny
"Never kick someone where it is not sunny"

2 comments: