Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bless this Mess

There's this new song on the radio right now and I think that the writer looked into my life and said, "Ah, let's make a song about her...it could be a greatest hit."  Before you think I am bragging about myself, let me just share with you some of the lyrics.

I lost my keys, into the great unknown
Call me please, cuz I can't find my phone
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust you know exactly what you're doing
It might not be what'd I would choose
But this is the stuff you use.

It is so me!  I go frantic when something throws a wrench into my highly organized, extremely perfected, down to a science schedule and to be honest, I think God has a little giggle.  Thankfully, when I settle down, I get to have a little giggle as well about my over-reaction and then God and I get to have a little chat about how to correct my behavior and hopefully the next time my freak-out-ometer will only reach yellow instead of red.

You know, I should have done my homework before "giving up fear" because it comes with a lot of
"inability baggage"...i.e. the inability to have patience.  When I fear something will go horribly wrong or let's be honest, when I fear it won't go my way, I lose the patience to find out just what and how God can turn that situation into something amazing, more amazing than I could ever imagine.  Anything from losing my keys, to opening up to my husband, to loving on my kids or making a new friend.  All of these things take time to do and I need to learn to let go of my wonderful but, admittingly, to tight schedule, let go of fear AND impatience , and allow God to something amazing or quiet honestly, I will miss it.

Thank you God for teaching me more lessons than I chose to learn on this journey.  I thought I was getting off pretty easy but I suppose you figure while I'm in the batting cage, you might as well keep throwing balls at me, huh? :-)  I will continue to do my best to hand you the bat so that I can actually learn these lessons rather than trying to do it on my own.  You Rock God!  I love you and thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I never said that giving up fear was my easiest Lent, or even my best Lent... only my most profitable Lent. Hang in there, Joy, and keep living up to your name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your willingness to share your struggles and your victories gives me courage. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, You Rock! I am getting so blessed this morning catching up on these blogs!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete