Saturday, March 19, 2011

Something New

After nine long laboring hours, my dear, sweet, diligent husband is finally putting the last screws in our new front door.  I must admit, I am more excited about this new threshold in our home than I had expected to be.  It feels like a fresh start.  We have walked through some rough terrain these past couple of years and that old door that use to occupy the space which led into our lives had taken a beating.  I suppose I didn't realize how looking at it every day was a small reminder of all the things we have gone through but now that it's gone and a beautiful, pure, spotless, white door has taken it's place, it's kind of freeing. I have been having a hard time with God renewing things in my life but having them still physically look the same, if that makes any sense. But with this small change, it's as if God has given me my heart's desire.  He has given me something new to remind me of His daily renewed blessings.  The story of the passover comes to mind tonight, when the people covered their doors with the blood of a perfect lamb and I am overwhelmed by the symbolism.  Thank you Abba for my "something new" and thank you honey for working so hard all day. 

3 comments:

  1. I also have problems with seeing things as new when it looks the same. I love that God gave you something to show you that you are more than worth a romantic gesture to win your heart. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great blog! The analogies were perfect and it is a new beginning for you and your family! I love you! And next time I come to the house, I will be honored to walk across the new threshold...Yours and Seth's threshold!

    ReplyDelete