Sunday, April 3, 2011

I need help

So, I think Satan snuck in via my broke big toe.  Ever since my "accident" all the nagging thoughts are back, "You're so stupid.  All your training down the drain.  You're gonna gain all your weight back.  You made some stupid decisions..."on and on the voice goes, and I will admit, I have not been good at fighting these thoughts off.  Instead, I have been snappy, bitter, discontent, a mean, unappreciative wife, moody and blocked, blocked from communing with my Abba.  What happened?  I was doing so well then one stupid mishap and SPLAT! right on my face.  And you know what, I knew what I was doing but never asked for help.  Why?  I was packing my pride in one of those exotic "inability baggage"s.  Pride : The inability to admit you are wrong, need help, and/or are too FEARFUL to be vulnerable.  Because things had been going fantastic, I didn't want to admit that I was having trouble continuing on.  I didn't want to admit that I was slipping into self pity.  I didn't want to admit that I was failing for fear that others might find me as a joke, hypocrite, judge me or worst of all, hurt me. I like to think that I have it all together, that once I learn a lesson, I won't forget it but the truth is, I can put up a major front sometimes, you know, slap on that fake smile that says to everyone else, "I'm ok" but inside I'm desperately needing to get back to God but am not sure how to do it.  When I finally do break down, let go of my pride and do ask for help, things get so much better.  I call it (when I actually do it), having an Aaron.  I need my Aarons', those that will hold my arms up when the staff is getting too heavy and I'm losing the battle.  I need those that will pray, rebuke Satan, not judge, and not find the little things that get me down as ridiculous.  I have some pretty amazing Aarons that God has blessed me with and I should have allowed them to help me.  Thank God that even without my asking, they prayed anyway and God answered their prayers and mine as well.  Thank you!

Abba, help me to let go of my pride and thank you for my Aarons.       

2 comments:

  1. Joy, you are not going to gain the weight back, you are not stupid, I'm sorry to be so blunt...but quit letting the words that you would have heard in the past make way into your life right now.

    Mentally and physically, I know you NEED a workout! I know you can't swim yet. There has got to be something you can do...stairmaster...weights, row, cycle...

    I love you! You are beautiful, strong, and so lovely!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't know how I missed this one. Let me just reiterate what your amazing sister already said. You are so lovely, a beloved child of God, who without knowing or trying, inspires, supports, cheers, and uplifts everyone around you. You are so beautiful inside and out, and you inspire me to be better than I am every day. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes, Andi's eyes, or anyone else's eyes besides yours. You would surely be shocked at how lovely you truly are.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete