Wednesday, March 21, 2012

HE IS WORTHY!

"Then I saw a Lamb, looking has if it had been slain, standing in the center before the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders.  The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.  He went and TOOK the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne.  And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and twenty four elders fell down before the Lamb."

The scene described in Revelations is that of the Throne room of God.  Holding out His hand, with the scroll sealed with seven seals in it, God asks, "Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?"  All of heaven and earth and under the earth remain quiet and sumber for no one among them is worthy of such a task.  BUT THEN, the Lamb looking as if slain, covered in blood, TAKES it from His Father's hand for He is worthy.  We can not be sure what this scroll is but many have suspected that it holds the deed to the earth, that it is not just meant to be read but upon it's opening will begin the end of what is now.

The Lamb came forth, worthy to take the deed to the earth and open up the events to allow Him to take his place as ruler over this earth.  How much more worthy is he to take from our hand what we hold so tight to?  How much more worthy is he to release us from what has it's grips around us?  I tend to put God in my little box and only give him enough of me to suit my needs and keep to myself what I want.  I pick and choose what I think He is worthy enough to take but I AM WRONG!!!  He is so worthy of it ALL.  He can handle it ALL.  I just have to unclentch my selfish hand and let Him have it.  Yes, selfish...you may be thinking, "Why on earth would anyone want to keep sin, affliction, pain, hurt, brokeness???"  But we do, I do.  I do it thinking I am protecting myself from something worse, thinking I won't be complete if I let it go but the truth is the only thing that can fullfill me, that can fullfill you is Christ and in order to fill that void, we must first let go of that thing that is trying to fill our emptiness.  We are created to be God Centered so we will remain empty if we remain self centered.

WORTHY IS THE LAMB WHO SITS ON THE THRONE!  Amen!

2 comments:

  1. YES! All of this! I have to correct myself sometimes because I believe that my sin/hurt/problems/etc are so large and so unique that they are beyond the capacity of GOD. Really? The same guy who hung the stars and all that?

    And the other thing I have to keep watch on... it's very easy to let Him be my savior. It's harder for me to let Him be my Lord.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete