Monday, February 27, 2012

Beauty from Ashes

My face, covered in ash
In mourning my spirit fell
Darkness blinded thine sight
Sack cloth clothed this shell

My name, no more I knew
Lost in the shadow of sorrow
In pieces, my heart shattered
My hope feared the morrow

You came with a subtle whisper
A fierce, yet gentle hand
Curled yourself up beside
Me, who was drowning on dry land

Securely, you tucked me away
Underneath your spotless cloak
Wooing me with your truth
So lovingly, in my ear, you spoke

Patiently, You cared for me
Teaching me how to forgive
Showing me how to love
Making new, a life to live

Into the light, you brought me
Like a bride in the arms of her groom
Rescuing me from the enemy
From all despair and gloom

Wiping my face, You spoke
"Dark yet Lovely are you"
"Beauty from ashes my daughter"
"My Joy, you have been made new"

Isaiah 61:3  To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment