Monday, May 2, 2011

My Mountain

Several months ago, the Lord asked me to get away, away from the noise of my everyday life, and focus on Him.  The pieces fell into to place and I headed up to the mountains of north Georgia.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  I was nervous, scared and very excited.  Unsure of my directions, a dear friend led the way to my destination and embarked in the journey along side me, which I was very grateful for but also remained conscious that this was not to be a girl's weekend but a time to get refocused.  My friend was very aware of the situation and promised to stay in prayer with me.

Close to the house I would be staying in was a trail that led up to the top of a mountain.  We strapped on our backpack full of water, jackets, gloves, hats and started our two mile ascend towards the top.  The energy was high, anticipation great, and scenery beautiful.  It had just recently snowed.  The mountain side was covered in white, the trees glistened of crystal in the sunlight and the path sparkled with ice.  It felt dangerous which enthralled my interest on how this adventure would go but it did not cause me to relent but instead, pushed me forward.  Engulfed with the sounds of trickling water from the melting snow and the whipping of the wind, my thoughts fell silent as I soaked in the glory of this place.  Quickly on, the path brought us to a creek with an unclear way of how to get across.  I began to feel panic rise as I searched to the safest rout.  Then He spoke, "I will make your path clear and your steps sturdy.  Just trust me."  Almost immediately my eyes spotted to jutting stones that drew a line straight across.  FRrrEeeAKY!!  "Ok Lord, I'm hearing you."  On, we climbed and the beauty became all consuming.  I couldn't wait to see what was coming next thus causing me, several times, to stumble on the rocky ground beneath me.  Again, His soothing voice came, "Anxiously you look too far ahead causing you to miss the beauty right in front of you and trip up on the obstacles.  Focus on what is right here, Me.  You will reach what the future holds soon enough."

To be continued...

1 comment: