Friday, July 13, 2012

A House United

 Mark 3:25 says, "If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand."

My husband and I are reading through the book of Mark at the moment and he happen to read this very passage one evening while we were in the middle of an argument.  Jesus shook his finger at me as these words were read and all I could do was bow my head in acknowledgement.  I knew my pride needed to wither and I needed to become reunited with my husband.

It is Satan's desire to cause discord in the house of unity and he will use any thing to cause disruption.  Ever find yourself unable to remember how an argument started or unsure why exactly you are angry?  Satan's little mind tricks have worked on us and we took the bull by the horns; setting him free in a china shop with our actions.  Blow after blow we strike one another down and why?  For what?  For selfish gain and out of fear...all attitudes of our enemy.  


A marriage, a family unit is a stronge force to be reckoned with against the enemy, should they all be standing together and our enemy certainly knows it.  It's a stealthy tactic he uses to turn us against one another.  If we can't recognize our pride and selfishness, our fear and hurt and hand them over to the Lord, our houses will certainly crumble.  


Jesus said, "A new command I give you: Love one another, just as I love you, so you must love one another..."   Paul describes love like this..."Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails."  No, none of us will be perfect at this technique without a few slips of the flesh from time to time but with this as our families game plan, our house will not be divided against itself.  It will stand strong in the face of our adversary. It will be a light to the world for our Abba whose love for us is perfect.


Help us Lord, to be a house united for you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment