Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 2 of our Beach Trip

My eyes shot open this morning at 6:46 am at the sound of my husband's loud snores.  "I could go for a run."  I thought for a brief moment but quickly talked myself out of.  After all, it is vacation and sleeping in should be on the agenda.  So instead I drifted back off into peaceful sleep.  An hour and a half past before I woke again...this time for good.  Leaving my snoring prince to continue his slumber, I got to work on his Father's Day breakfast.  I was soon greeted with the droopy eyes and smiling faces of my girls.  They were hungry and ready to head to the beach.  Breakfast almost ready. Bacon, eggs, toast and strawberries were on the menu but they turned up their noses and voted Fruit Loops for themselves.  The smells of food brought our guy out of the bed and into the kitchen.  "Happy Father's Day!" us girls greeted.  With a grin and a thank you, he sat down to eat.

Soaked in sun screen and drapped in bathing suits, we headed outside to gather our things for the beach.  Like the first settlers to America, we staked our claim on a plot of sand and called it ours.  The Reds quickly got to work on sand mounds and hole digging while I cracked open my book and Seth headed for the waves.  Soon after Joci was ready to venture out with Dad, boogie board in hand.  Lila, on the other hand, has decided she is much like her mother with no desire to ride the waves.  Several times I asked if she wanted to go out but was always answered with a quick "No"...just like the Capital One baby, that one.

Joci is a quick study and learned to boogie board like a champ on this first real day in the ocean.  Lila, we discovered, loves the art of sand throwing and not just up in the air...at her sister's head.  (She sat in "time out" quite a few times today for that.)

A little girl, bright red hair and able to claim my family if she wanted, came across my path crying and looking for her mommy.  I waited a few moments to see if a woman would come to comfort before I approached this pitiful one but no one did and so, gently I asked if I could help her find her mommy and with big puppy dog eyes she agreed with a head nod.  Her name was Sidney and after ten feet of walking in the direction she came, dad showed up with a smile and shouted her name.  All was right again as she rushed into his arms, back to safty.  Thank you Jesus!

I have found myself trying to pray a lot but the Spirit constantly is telling me, I'm covered so I sit in peace.  No thoughts, no worries, no longings...very out of character for me to be quite honest but I will admit, I am loving the peace.

The girls have gone to bed without a fight and Seth is out to a movie for some down time on his day.  I think I'll take advantage and read a bit more.  So far, so perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment